Gunnstaks Law Office
Handling High-Value, High-Conflict Family Law Cases

Contact Our Firm Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Resolve child support issues in the child's best interest

Child support complaints are usually filed by the custodial parent when the person accuses the non-custodial parent of intentionally and wrongfully defaulting on their child support payments. On the other hand, some non-custodial parents might also choose to consult family law attorneys in order to initiate a child support payment complaint if the custodial parent has obtained a child support payment which is excessive and malicious. Such an action may also be necessary if the child support order does not take into account the various financial debts and obligations or the financial standing of the non-custodial parent.

The experienced attorneys at Gunnstaks Law Office have often worked with the Texas Department of Child Support Services in order to help the parents resolve issues regarding child support payments. State and local agencies are often involved in cases where the custodial parent files a complaint for arrears in child support payments.

Arrears in child support can lead to major harassment and financial constraint for custodial parents as well as their minor children. The situation can often get worse if the custodial parent hails from a low income family or if the minor child has special needs that require immediate medical attention. Experienced lawyers are often needed to draft a proper legal complaint in order to help the custodial parent as well as the minor child.

In some cases, the non-custodial parent consults a professional attorney to file a complaint to modify or even terminate a child support payment order. Child support payments might need to be terminated when the child reaches the age of majority, when the non-custodial parent becomes the custodial parent or even in cases where the non-custodial parent and the person's attorneys can prove that there has been a substantial change in the circumstances that now require a child support payment modification.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
  • Press Release
  • Board Certified | Texas Board of Legal Specialization
  • Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb
  • LCA | Litigation Counsel of America | FELLOW Gunnstaks Law Office, Attorneys & Lawyers, Plano, TX 10 Best 2015 Client Satisfaction | American Institute of Family Law Attorneys

Office Location

Gunnstaks Law Office
5601 Granite Parkway, Suite 350
Plano, TX 75024

Toll Free: 800-806-0186
Phone: 972-590-6572
Phone: 800-806-0186
Fax: 214-619-0636
Plano Law Office Map

Call For Appointment Map